Friday, August 1, 2014

Class 8: Scratch Animated Greeting Card

Here are screenshots of the animated greeting card I made using Scratch. See how cool it is for yourself right here.


Front - I made the cake and arrow myself using Scratch's built in vector graphic editor. The flame on the candle on the cake moves back and forth. The open arrow changes colors when you roll your mouse over it, and once you click it becomes striped. Opening the card leads you to...
Inside (note: when pasting my screenshots into Paint I apparently did not place this shot completely over the last) - ..this, which reveals itself in pieces. First, "happy birthday" begins to play as the Happy comes down from the top and the balloons enter from the bottom. Just one second later, Birthday! comes down following Happy as the balloons begin to bounce. I made all three graphics using the built in vector graphics editor. Once the whole message is in place, a heart appears on the front-back side, with the addition of "," 0.5 seconds later. Another fraction of a second after, the "C" appears - followed by the next letter of my name every 0.10 seconds, to give the effect that it is being written or typed in.

Process Shots



















No comments:

Post a Comment