Thursday, July 3, 2014

Class 3: Entering Meshmoon Virtual Worlds

When I first began exploring Meshmoon Rocket, I stumbled upon a variety of virtual worlds. Some of them felt too complicated for me (I've never used virtual worlds before) so I decided to try something with an obscure title. I liked this world the most - it is named "Skittles Friends User".

At first I liked this world because it reminds me of the Arnold Arboretum (if you've never been - go).

 This screenshot is slightly messed up, but I am blogging it because when I first entered the world I didn't know what the gray area was supposed to be until I walked further away - here's the view of the water. The reflection of the trees is a nice touch.

 (This screenshot is also messed up but worth including.) I walked into the water attempting to get to the other side, and at first my avatar appeared to be walking on water. Eventually I was surprised to find my avatar underwater.

(Again, sorry for the messed up screenshot. I now realize I had pasted over each screenshot as I pasted it into Paint to save - lesson learned) I decided to venture away from the weather to see what else the world offered. I made it as far as the above shrubbery before I could not move anymore.

Note: After completing this assignment/post, I learned more about Meshmoon Rocket. If you'd like an example of an even better world check out this post

Process Screenshots








No comments:

Post a Comment