Tuesday, July 8, 2014

MIDTERM #10

MIDTERM #10

This is a screenshot of my Word Drawing House. Using Word's extremely simple vector graphics creator/editor, I created each shape in the image from simple geometric shapes (in fact the children have stars for hands, while the dog's torso is actually a spikey call out) and the freehand squiggle tool. I filled each shape in either a solid color, pattern, or texture - for example, both the sun and the windows are filled in with a gradient; the children's clothing and the dogs fur are textures; the brick house and shingled roof are both patterned. For further detail, I beveled the pieces of the images to make them look more 3D and I also adjusted the transparency of the balloons and the chimney smoke.
It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics.
For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

PROCESS SHOTS


















No comments:

Post a Comment