Thursday, July 3, 2014

MIDTERM #4

MIDTERM #4 - Greeting card of your avatar in a virtual world

 This is a postcard of the avatar I created in Meshmoon Rocket. After creating the avatar, I finally found a virtual world that loaded nicely and allowed me to really get the hang of it. Between playing around and referring to Meshmoon's documentation I eventually learned how to look at my avatar face-on (among other features). I positioned my avatar like so, took a screenshot (included below), and opened it in GIMP. Once in GIMP, I cropped the screenshot and added a greeting to my card using the text tool and the color dropper tool. Using the pencil and the color dropper tool I signed my name. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics.
For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc



Process Screenshots
















No comments:

Post a Comment