Thursday, July 24, 2014

FINAL PROJECT: BUILDING MY IMMERSIVE LIBRARIES/MUSEUM

This is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics.
For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

I have had a lot of trouble figuring out how to link my objects to websites (versus embed websites into the Meshmoon world) as well as how to get my images to stick as textures for 3D objects. After having little luck in the documentation (or perhaps simply not searching correctly), as well as discussing with other students with the same issue, I emailed Meshmoon Support and will get back to this assignment as soon as I hear back. Also, I will definetly discuss this with my team tonight during the learning ladder since they are rather helpful.

Here is the entrance to my library - an introduction of 5 things describing who I am. (Again, I will link these items to websites when I learn how). I placed these at the entrance of my "virtual reality home" (in Meshmoon world "CristinaKos"). I know that people don't like to be in virtual buildings, yet love the thought of my library feeling home-like so I placed these outside where I will keep my research papers and close to where people enter my world so they know where they are and about the creator (me). There is a picture of my face, a banner with my name and email address, a picture I took at the Red Sox game because Boston's my home, a smaller picture of one of my top 3 favorite places in the world (the deck at my best friend's summer home), and a picture of my avatar waving hello from my virtual home.



Here is the process screenshots of the start of my assignment:












No comments:

Post a Comment